Xavier Labour Relation Institute (XLRI) in Jamshedpur,Jharkhand has issued the notification for the Xavier Labour Relation Institute Admission Test2010, also known as XAT. It is conducted for admission into the following programmes offered in the ensuing session 2010.
- Business Management Programme: Two year full time residential programme
- Personnel Management and Industrial Relations Programme: Two year full time residential programme
- General Management Programme: One year full time residential programme for Working Executives
- Fellow Programme in Management: The Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) is a Doctoral level (PhD) programme
Date of Exam
January 3, 2010
Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Berhampur, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Goa, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Noida, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Trivandrum, Vadodara, Visakhapatnam
See the prospectus
How to Apply
Procedure for XLRI Registration and obtaining XLRI Prospectus from Axis Bank
A candidate has to first register for XLRI at www.xlri.edu and then only he / she can obtain XLRI Prospectus from select branches of Axis Bank.
- Register for XAT: Candidate desirous of taking admission to XLRI has to first register for XAT 2010 online. On successful completion of registration for XAT 2010, the candidate will get his XAT ID and password. With this the candidate can register for XLRI by opening the site www.xlri.edu and then clicking on the link XLRI Registration Page. A page opens up where the candidate is required to furnish his/her XAT ID and password to proceed further.
- Register for XLRI: If the XAT ID and password furnished are correct, the XLRI Registration page opens up wherein the candidate is required to fill-in the name of the nearest Axis Bank branch from where he/she intends to buy the prospectus, programme(s) he/she is opting and the requisite amount depending on the number of programme(s) opted.
- Register for XLRI: The cost of the XLRI Prospectus 2010 depends on number of programme(s) applied for. The cost is as follows:
For General Candidates
For One Programme - Rs 900
More than One Programme - Rs 1500 (For more than one and maximum of three programme)
For SC/ST Candidates
For One Programme - Rs 600
More than One Programme - Rs 1100 (For more than one and maximum of three programmes Candidate should take the SC/ST certificate with them to the bank)
- Download XLRI Pay-in-slip: The candidate has to then download the XLRI Pay-in-slip. The XLRI Pay-in-slip will have the date of registration, XLRI Pay-in-slip No., name of the Axis Bank branch, name of the candidate, number of courses opted and the amount to be paid for the prospectus. The printed pay-in-slip is in three parts. You have to take all these three parts of the pay-in-slip to the Axis bank branch.
- Go to Axis Bank Branch: The candidate has to take this downloaded XLRI Pay-in-slip to the Axis Bank branch to buy the XLRI Prospectus 2010. On tendering the requisite amount (cost of XLRI Prospectus depending on number of programs opted) along with the pay-in-slips, the bank will issue a XLRI Prospectus 2010 and enter the Prospectus Number, Bank Tran ID and put a bank seal on the pay-in-slips. The bank will retain the Bank’s copy of the pay-in-slip with them and return the rest of the pay-in-slip to the candidate.
- Fill Detachable Form: The candidate has to fill-up the detachable form given at the end of the prospectus. All entries are to be filled-up correctly and should be same as that filled in the online form.
- Attach Pay-in-slip: The candidate has to then attach the XLRI’s copy of the pay-in-slip in the space provided on the form. The Candidate’s copy of the pay-in-slip is to be carefully retained by the candidate for future reference, if any.
- Send Certificate along with Form: The candidate has to then carefully detach the form from the prospectus and send it to XLRI Office, Jamshedpur along with the photo copies of 10th, 12th, graduation certificates (or latest mark sheet of papers/years completed till date) and SC/ST certificate (for SC/ST candidates only) through registered post/speed post/courier in the special envelope given inside the prospectus. This form along with pay-in-slip and photo copies of the educational certificates should reach the Admission Office, XLRI, Circuit House Area (East), Jamshedpur-831001 within seven days from date of purchase of prospectus.
Procedure for obtaining XLRI Prospectus from the Admissions Office, XLRI Jamshedpur and the XLRI Registration
Register for XAT: A candidate interested in XLRI, has to first register for XAT. The XAT ID and password so obtained are required for applying to XLRI.
- Cost of XLRI Prospectus: The cost of XLRI Prospectus 2010 depends on the number of programme(s) applied for. A candidate intending to apply for one programme or more than one but maximum of three programmes has to make a demand draft (DD) for an amount as given below.
- For General candidates A demand draft of Rs 950/- is to be made for one programme or for Rs 1550 if applying for more than one but maximum of three programmes.
- For SC/ST candidates A demand draft of Rs 650/- is to be made for one programme or for Rs 1150 if applying for more than one but maximum of three programmes.
- Issue of Demand Draft (DD): The DD has to be drawn in favor of XLRI Jamshedpur A/c Prospectus, payable at Jamshedpur
- Register for XLRI: The candidate has to then log on to the website www.xlri.edu and open XLRI Registration. Here he/she has to fill in the XLRI form and opt for the programmes(s) he/she intends to apply for. The candidate has to provide the payment particulars of the demand draft number, amount, date and submit the form online. The candidate has to mention their XAT ID and name on the reverse of the draft.
Download XLRI PA Form: Once the candidate provides the demand draft details he/she can proceed to take printout of XLRI Payment Advise Form (XLRI PA Form).
- Send the DD and Form: The candidate has to enclose the demand draft along with the duly completed XLRI PA Form and photo copies of 10th, 12th and graduation certificates (or latest mark sheet of papers/years completed till date) and SC/ST certificate (for SC/ST candidates only) through registered post/speed post/courier in the special envelope given inside the prospectus. XLRI PA Form along with DD and photo copies of the educational certificate should reach the Admissions Office, XLRI, Circuit House Area (East), Jamshedpur-831001 within seven days from date of purchase of prospectus. Candidates are advised to keep a photo copy of the DD and all the forms that they send to XLRI for future reference.
- Mailing of XLRI Prospectus to candidates: XLRI Prospectus will be sent to the candidates after receiving the request complete in all respects. Candidates are not required to send the detachable form given inside the prospectus.
Date of issue of Application Form
September 2, 2009 to November 30, 2009
Last Date of submitting Application Form
November 30, 2009