Anna University Chennai, Tamil Nadu, has issued notification for Tamil Nadu Common Admissions 2011 (TANCA) for the following PG (postgraduate) programmes, offered in the upcoming session 2011.
- ME (Master of Engineering)
- M Tech (Master of Technology)
- M Arch (Master of Architecture)
- M Plan (Master of Planning)
Date of Exam
Note: (For more information regarding eligibility and selection procedure, one can log in to the given link: http://www.annauniv.edu/tanca2011/instructions.pdf)
See the prospectus
How to Apply
Interested candidates may apply through any of the following modes:
In Person: Application form can be obtained in person by paying Cash / DD for Rs 500 for General (Rs 250 for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu on production of a copy of Permanent Community Certificate card) towards registration fee at the following Institutions:
1. Examination Centre, Anna University, Chennai, 2. Anna University of Technology Chennai, 3. Anna University of Technology Coimbatore, 4. Anna University of Technology Madurai, 5. Anna University of Technology Tiruchirappalli, 6. Anna University of Technology Tirunelveli, 7. Govt. College of Technology, Coimbatore, 8. Muthiaya Polytechnic, Chidambaram, 9. PSNA College of Engineering & Technology, Dindigul, 10. Institute of Road and Transport Technology, Erode, 11. Alagappa College of Engg. & Technology, Karaikudi, 12. Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai, 13. Govt. Polytechnic College, Nagercoil, 14. Govt. College of Engg., Salem, 15. Kunthavai Naacchiyaar Govt. Arts College for Women, Thanjavur, 16. Govt. College of Engg., Tirunelveli, 17. Thanthai Periyar Govt. Institute of Technology, Vellore, 18. University College of Engineering, Villupuram, 19. Kamaraj College of Engg., Virudhunagar.
By Post: Application form can also be obtained through post by sending a DD for Rs 600 for general (Rs 350 for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu by enclosing a copy of Permanent Community Certificate card), (includes postal charges) along with a requisition letter and an address slip written in capital letters to the Secretary, TANCA, Anna university, Chennai - 600 025.
Registration through Internet: The application form, information and instructions to candidates are available in the University’s official website: http://www.annauniv.edu/tanca2011/. Candidate must take the printout of the completed online application form. The registration fee for Rs 500 for General (Rs 250 for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu by enclosing a copy of Permanent Community Card) is to be paid in the form of DD drawn in favour of “The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Common Admissions, Anna University, Chennai” payable at Chennai and drawn on or after July 10, 2011. The duly signed printout of the online application form along with the DD and requisite enclosure documents (list given on the website) should be sent through registered post / speed post to The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Common Admissions, Anna University, Chennai 600 025 latest by July 30, 2011 (till 5.30 pm).
For more details about application, eligibility criteria and admission procedures candidates are requested to visit the aforementioned official website.
Date of Issue of Application Form
July 11, 2011
Last date of registration through Internet and issue of application form: July 23, 2011
Last date of submission of application form
July 30, 2011