University of Mysore, also known as Mysore University, Karnataka, has invited applications from eligible candidates for admission into the following Post-Graduate Degree/M Phil/ PG Diploma/ Diploma /Certificate courses, offered in the upcoming academic session 2011-12.
Courses offered under both scheme ‘A’ and scheme ‘B’
Courses Offered at Manasagangotri, Mysore
Faculty of Arts
- MA (Master of Arts): Ancient History & Archaeology, Anthropology, Christianity, Communication & Journalism, Comparative Literature & Translation Studies, Co-operative Management, Development Studies, Economics, English, Folklore, Hindi, History, Jainology & Prakrit, Kannada, Linguistics, West Asian Studies, Peace and Conflict resolution, Philosophy, Political Science, Public Administration, Rural Development, Sanskrit, Sociology, South Indian Studies, Urdu, Women’s Studies.
- MSW (Master of Social Work),
- M Music (Master of Music)
- M Dance (Master of Dance)
Faculty of Science and Technology
- M Sc (Master of Science): Anthropology, Applied Geology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Earth Science & Resource Management, Electronic Media, Environmental Science, Food Science & Nutrition, Genetics, Geography, Geology, Human Development, Mathematics, Microbiology, Organic Chemistry, Physics, Psychology, Sericulture and Seri Biotechnology, Statistics, Zoology.
M Tech (Master of Technology) in Computer Cognition Technology, Computer Science & Technology, Urban and Regional Planning
- MCA (Master of Computer Applications)
- M L I Sc (Master of Library and Information Science)
- M S (Integrated)in Computer Science & Technology with an optional exit at the end of Fourth Semester with M Sc in Computer Science Degree
- M Sc in Molecular Biology-(5 years integrated course) at Yuvaraja’s College, Mysore
- M Sc in Chemistry at Yuvaraja’s College, Mysore
- M Sc Criminology and Forensic Science, M Sc in Geographical Information System (GIS) at Maharaja’s College, Mysore
- M S in Animation (at CIST, Manasagangotri, Mysore)
- M Tech in Information System and Management at ISIM, Manasagangotri, Mysore
Faculty of Commerce
- MBA, MBA (Agri-Business), M Com, MFM (Master of Financial Management)
Faculty of Education
- M Ed, B P Ed, M P Ed - at Maharaja’s College Sports Pavillion
Faculty of Law
- LL M (Master of Law)
M Phil Degree Courses
- Ancient History & Archaeology, Botany, Commerce, Correctional Administration (at Maharaja’s College), Forensic Science (at Maharaja’s College), Economics, English, Environmental Science, Geography, Hindi, Kannada, Law, Library and Information Science, West Asian Studies, Sanskrit, Sociology, Zoology
PG Diploma Courses
- Applied Sociology, Counseling and Health Psychology, Criminology and Correctional Administration (at Maharaja’s College), Electronic Media, Gemology & Ornamental Stones (Geology), Heritage Tourism & Travel Management (at DOS in History), Human Resource Management (BIMS- Evening Course), Human Rights & Duties Education, Intellectual Property Rights and Information Technology Law, Marketing Management (BIMS-Evening Course), Musicology Tourism & Heritage (at Department of Studies in Ancient History and Archaeology), Retail Supply & Chain Management (BIMS-Evening Course), Translation (Hindi) Video Production (at Department of Studies in Communication & Journalism)
- Professional Diploma in Tourism Management
- Professional Diploma in Tax Management (BIMS)
- Arabic/ Persian & Urdu, Co-operative Management, Decentralization of Planning & Panchayath Raj Institution, Human Development, Industrial Relation, Music, Rural Reconstruction & Development
Junior / Senior Diploma Courses
- French, German, Russian
- Arabic, Persian
Courses offered at Sir M.V. P G centre, Tubinakere, Mandya
- MA in Economics, MA in English, MA in Kannada, M Sc in Polymer Science, M Sc In Sugar Technology, M Phil in Kannada, M Phil in Economics.
Courses Offered At PG Center, Hemagangotri, Hassan
- MA in English, MA in Kannada, M Com, M Sc in Bio Science, M Sc in Electronics, M Phil in Kannada
Courses Offered At University Satellite Centre, Chamarajanagar
- MBA, M Com, MSW
Courses Offered By CIST, MGM
- M S Animation
PG Diploma Courses
- Animation, Bio Informatics (PGDBIO), E- Commerce (PGD-E Com), Geo Informatics, (PGDGIS), Multi-Media Technology (PGDMT), Publication Design, Software Development
- Hardware & Networking, Multi-Media Production (DMP), Advance Diploma in Information Technology (ADIT)
Courses Offered Under Scheme ‘A’ Only
M Phil Degree courses
- Ambedkar Studies, Chemistry, Christianity, Learning Disabilities, Mathematics, Seed Technology, Translation, Urdu
PG Diploma Courses
- Agricultural Marketing Management, Ambedkar Studies, English, Epigraphy, Folklore, Indian Literature, Jainology, Linguistics, Prakrit, Prayojan Mulak Hindi, Translation, Vivekananda Studies, Women’s studies.
- Post M Sc Diploma in Hydro Geology (Geol), Post M.A. Diploma in Manuscriptology
- Gandhian Studies, Kannada, Film Direction
- Dr B R Ambedkar and Human Rights, French, Functional Hindi, German, Kannada, Prakrit, Russian, Urdu
Date of Exam
From July 11 to 15, 2011 (For the courses specified for the Entrance Examination)
Manasagangotri Campus, Mysore 570 006
See the prospectus
How to Apply
Interested candidates may obtain the prospectus and application form in person from the Office of the Administrative Officer, Manasagangotri, Mysore-570 006 or from the respective Post- Graduate Centres, on payment of Rs 150 for each application form and Rs 100 for prospectus. One can get the application form inclusive of the prospectus through post, by sending DD for Rs 350 (inclusive Rs 100 towards Postal Charges) drawn in favour of the Finance Officer, University of Mysore.
Candidates can also download the Application form from the University’s official website: http://www.uni-mysore.ac.in/ and submit the same with a DD for Rs 150 drawn in favour of the Finance Officer, University of Mysore, Mysore towards application fee. However, in case of courses with entrance examination, additional fee of Rs 400 towards Entrance Exam Fee in the form of DD drawn in favor of the Finance Officer, University of Mysore, payable at Mysore should also be sent along with the filled in application.
The filled-in application form in all respects of all courses along with necessary certificates and copies of marks cards and certificate relating to caste/ category in case of claim for reservation under such category/caste should be submitted to the Chairpersons of respective Department of Studies at Manasagangotri, Mysore 570 006 latest by the last date mentioned below. For more details regarding admission, eligibility criteria and application procedures candidates are requested to visit the aforementioned official website.
- Separate application form should be submitted for admission to each course and also for seeking admission to one and the same course at different Post-Graduate Centres.
- The candidates who intend to join for M Phil course are required to contact the Chairperson of the concerned department of studies in this regard.
- Applications for admission to MBA Course at Manasagangotri, Mysore and Chamarajanagar Satellite PG Centre and M Tech, MCA courses offered at Manasagangotri campus, may be obtained from the Karnataka Examination Authority, 18th Cross, Malleswaram, Bangalore-560 003. The Filled in application along with necessary enclosures be submitted to Karnataka Examination Authority, 18th Cross, Malleswaram, Bangalore-560 003 only.
Date of issue of application form
June 16, 2011
Last date of submission of application form
All courses (except for M Phil courses) - July 8, 2011
M Phil Degree Courses- July 30, 2011