Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University, Kochi, Kerala, has invited applications from eligible candidates for admission into the following UG (undergraduate) & PG (postgraduate) medical courses, to be offered in the ensuing session 2012-13. The courses are being offered in School of Dentistry, School of Ayurveda, School of Medicine, and College of Nursing, affiliated to the University.
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery)
- BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
- BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery)
- MD (Clinical) - Anesthesiology, Dermatology, Emergency Medicine*, General Medicine, Geriatrics, Nuclear Medicine*, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Pediatrics, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Psychiatry, Pulmonary Medicine, Radiodiagnosis, Radiotherapy
- MD (Non-Clinical) - Anatomy, Biochemistry, Community Medicine, Forensic Medicine, Pathology and Physiology
- MS - ENT, General Surgery, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics
- PG Diploma- Anesthesiology (DA), Child Health (DCH), Clinical Pathology (DCP), Dermatology, Venerology & Leprology (DDVL), Medical Radiodiagnosis (DMRD), Medical Radiotherapy Technology (DMRT), Obstetrics & Gynecology (DGO), Ophthalmology (DO), Orthopedics (D Ortho), Otorhinolaryngology (DLO), Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (DPMR), Psychiatry Medicine (DPM), Tuberculosis & Chest Diseases (DTCD).
- MDS- Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Oral Medicine & Radiology, Oral Pathology & Microbiology*, Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics, Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry, Periodontology, Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge, Public Health Dentistry*
- M Sc Nursing- Medical Surgical Nursing, Obstetrics & Gynecology Nursing, Pediatric Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing
Note: Subjects / courses marked with (*) are subject to approval from competent authorities.
Date of Exam
Schedule of entrance examination is as follows:
For UG courses
- MBBS / BDS / BAMS courses - May 19, 2012
For PG courses-
- MD / MS / PG Diploma - March 25, 2012
- MDS - March 24, 2012
- M Sc Nursing - March 18, 2012
Exam Centers for UG courses: Amritapuri (Kollam), Bangalore, California (USA), Chennai, Coimbatore, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kolkata, Kozhikode, New Delhi and Thiruvananthapuram
Exam Centers for PG courses: Amrita School of Medicine, Kochi, Kerala
See the prospectus
How to Apply
Interested candidates may obtain the application form from any of the following modes:
- By Post- In order to get application form, candidates can send their requisition along with a DD of Rs 1570. The DD should be drawn in favour of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, payable at Kochi. The requisition for application should be sent to the Admission Coordinator, Office of Admissions, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, AIMS-Ponekkara, PO Kochi- 682 041, Kerala.
- In person- Application form can be obtained in person on payment of Rs 1500, from selected branches of Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd or The Federal Bank Ltd (list of selected branches are given on the University's official website: http://www.amrita.edu/).
- From website: The application form can also be downloaded from the University's abovementioned official website. However, the downloaded application form should be sent along with a DD of Rs 1500 drawn in favour of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, payable at Kochi. Applications can be submitted online by visiting the website.
The duly filled in and completed application form along with requisite documents (detailed list mentioned in the website) should be sent to the Admission Coordinator, Office of Admissions, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, AIMS-Ponekkara, PO, Kochi- 682 041, Kerala, latest by the last date(s) mentioned below. For more detailed information about admission, eligibility criteria and application procedure, candidates are advised to visit the University's aforementioned official website.
Date of Issue of Application Form
For UG (MBBS / BDS / BAMS) courses - March 1, 2012
For PG (MD / MS / PG Diploma / MDS / M Sc Nursing) courses - January 16, 2012
Last Date of Submission of Application Form
For UG (MBBS / BDS / BAMS) courses - April 30, 2012
For MD / MS / PG Diploma & MDS - March 17, 2012
For M Sc Nursing - March 10, 2012