Gautam Buddh Technical University (GBTU), formerly known as Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh (UP), has invited applications from eligible candidates to register for UP State Entrance Examination 2012, popularly known as UPSEE. UPSEE is a common entrance test conducted in order to select eligible candidates for admission into the following degree courses, to be offered various Government aided and private unaided institutions affiliated to GBTU, Lucknow and Mahamaya Technical University, Noida, along with some of the other state universities of Uttar Pradesh for the academic session 2012-13.
Undergraduate (UG) Courses
- B Tech (Bachelor of Technology)
- B Tech (Agriculture Engineering)
- B Pharm (Bachelor of Pharmacy)
- B Arch (Bachelor of Architecture)
- BHMCT (Bachelor of Hotel Management Catering Technology)
- BFAD (Bachelor of Fashion & Apparel Design)
- Lateral Admission to B Tech & B Pharm
Post Graduate (PG) Courses
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- MCA (Master of Computer Application)
Date of Exam
Entrance Test Schedule:
- Test for B Tech / B Pharm / B Arch / BHMCT / BFAD / B Tech (Second year Lateral Entry) will be conducted on April 22, 2012.
- Test for MCA and MBA will be held on April 21, 2012 and April 28, 2012
Note: For complete details regarding admission test, candidates are requested to visit the website: http://upsee.nic.in/
The UPSEE-2012 will be held in the following cities:
In Uttar Pradesh (UP): Agra, Aligarh, Bareilly, Banda, Barabanki, Etawah, Faizabad, G B Nagar (Noida / Greater Noida), Ghaziabad, Ghazipur, Gorakhpur, Jaunpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Mathura, Meerut, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Raebareli, Saharanpur, Sitapur, Sultanpur, Varanasi
Outside of UP: Delhi, Dehradun
The Online Test for MBA / MCA courses will be held in the following cities: Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, G B Nagar (Noida / Greater Noida), Ghaziabad, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Mathura, Meerut, Moradabad, Saharanpur, Varanasi, Delhi
See the prospectus
How to Apply
Interested candidates can apply online or offline.
Online Application: To apply online and see the online brochure(s) candidates are require to visit any of the following website: http://upsee.nic.in or http://www.uptu.ac.in or http://www.mtu.ac.in. The link for online application will remain active till 10.00 pm of March 22, 2012. After succesfully submitting the online application form, candidates must take the printout of the confirmation page. The duly filled in and acknowledged confirmation page should be sent to the office of the Registrar (UPSEE-2012), Gautam Buddh Technical University, IET campus, Sitapur Road, Lucknow- 226021, latest by March 26, 2012 (till 5.00 pm)
Offline Application- Candidates may obtain the information brochure containing OMR application form from all Head Post Offices and Mukhya Dak Ghars (MDGs) of UP, Delhi and Deharadun. The duly filled in and completed OMR application form (in all aspects) should be sent to the office of the Registrar (UPSEE-2012), Gautam Buddh Technical University, IET Campus, Sitapur Road, Lucknow-226021, latest by March 23, 2012 (till 5.00 pm).
Application Fee: The cost of brochure and OMR application form / online application inclusive of exam fee is Rs 1000 (for General / OBC candidates) and Rs 500 (for SC / ST and female candidates of all categories).
- For admission to UG courses the application form can be filled online or through OMR application form. However, for admission into MBA / MCA courses, the application form can be filled online only.
- The OMR based application / confirmation page should be sent to the University office by Registered / Speed Post only.
For further detailed information regarding admission, eligibility criteria and application procedure, candidates are requested to visit the aforementioned official website(s).
Date of Issue of Application Form
Online application (for UG and PG courses) is made available from- February 28, 2012
Sale of OMR application form / offline application (applicable only for UG courses) will be made available from - March 3, 2012
Last Date of Submission of Application Form
Last date of submitting confirmation page of the online application- March 26, 2012
Last date of submitting OMR / offline application - March 24, 2012