North Eastern Hill University (NEHU), Shillong, Meghalaya, has invited applications from eligible candidates for admission into the following postgraduate (PG) programmes, to be offered in its Shilliong and Tura Campuses in the upcoming session commencing from August 2012.
MA (Master of Arts):
- Anthropology, Adult & Continuing Education, Economics, Education, English, Folkloristics, Geography, History, Hindi, Khasi, Linguistics, Philosophy, Political Science, Sociology
M Sc (Master of Science):
- Anthropology, Botany / Plant Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Geography, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Zoology
M Com (Master of Commerce)
M L I Sc (Master of Library & Information Science)
M Ed (Master of Education)
PG Diploma in
- Music & Painting (under the Department of Cultural & Creative Studies)
- Geo-informatics (under the Department of Geography)
- Statistics (CBCS) (under the Department of Statistics)
M Phil (Master of Philosophy):
- Mathematics, History, Hindi, Linguistics, Statistics, Geography, Khasi, Economics
PhD (Doctor of Philosophy):
- Anthropology, Adult & Continuing Education, Bio-Chemistry, Botany, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Commerce, Education, Environmental Science, Economics, English, Folkloristics, Geography, History, Hindi, Khasi, Library & Information Science, Mathematics, Philosophy, Political Science, Physics, Sociology, Statistics, Zoology, Centre for Science Education
- MA: English, Education, Garo
- M Sc in Rural Development & Agricultural Production
- PhD: Education, Rural Development & Agricultural Production, Management
Date of Exam
N / A (For more details, one can visit the University’s official website: http://www.nehu.ac.in/)
See the prospectus
How to Apply
Interested candidates may obtain the prescribed application forms with prospectus in person from the Receptionist, Administrative Building, Permanent Campus, Shillong – 793022 or from the office of the Pro-Vice Chancellor, NEHU Tura Campus, Chandmari, Tura – 794002 during office hours on payment of Rs 220 (for General category of students) and Rs 110 (for SC / ST category of students). The payment can be made through University Challan or Banker’s Cheque or Bank Draft, drawn in favour of “North Eastern Hill University”.
One can also send the request for application forms and prospectus by post addressed to the Section Officer (Academic), NEHU, Permanent Campus, Shillong – 793022 accompanied by a self addressed envelope of 30 cm x 25 cm affixing Rs 40 stamp thereon and enclosing DD for Rs 220 (for General category of students) and Rs 110 (for SC / ST category of students). In addition, candidates can also download the prescribed application form from the University’s official website: http://www.nehu.ac.in/. The direct link to download the same is: http://www.nehu.ac.in/Admission/AdmNoticeGen_140612.pdf. However, the downloaded form should be sent along with the DD of prescribed applicable amount.
The duly filled in and completed application form, along with requisite enclosure documents and DD (wherever applicable), should be submitted to the Head of the Department / Centre, latest by the last date(s) mentioned below. For any further queries about admission, eligibility criteria and application procedure, candidates are advised to visit the University’s aforementioned official website.
Date of Issue of Application Form
June 11, 2012
Last Date of Submitting Application Form
Last date of submitting application for various Master & Diploma courses to the Head of the Department / Centre - July 20, 2012
Last date of submitting application for M Phil / PhD programme - September 14, 2012