Central Admission Committee, Pondicherry Engineering College (PEC), Puducherry, has invited applications from eligible candidates for admission into the following post graduate (PG) programmes, to be offered in the ensuing session 2012.
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- M Tech in Civil Engineering (Advanced Construction Technology)
- M Tech in Mechanical Engineering (Energy Technology)
- M Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- M Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (Distributed Computing Systems)
- M Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Electrical Drives and Control)
- M Tech in Environmental Engineering (offered jointly by the Departments of Civil Engineering and Chemical Engineering)
- M Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (Information Security)
- M Phil in Physics (Material Science)
- M Sc in Physics (Materials Science & Technology)
Self Financing Courses:
- M Tech in Mechanical Engineering (Product Design and Manufacturing)
- M Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering (Wireless Communication)
- MCA: The selection of candidates for admission to MCA programme will be based on the Merit List in CET 2012 prepared by CENTAC-MCA.
- M Tech: Admission to M Tech programmes will be based only on the GATE score. However, if enough number of GATE qualified candidates is not available, the lapsed seats will be filled by the Non-GATE candidates based on the performance in an entrance test, to be conducted by the CENTAC-PG. For self financing courses, admission shall be based on merit in the Entrance Test conducted by CENTAC–PG.
- M Phil and M Sc: Admission to M Phil and M Sc programmes will made based on the performance in the entrance test, to be conducted by the CENTAC-PG.
- MBA: Selection of the candidates for admission to MBA programme will be based on the Merit List in MBA-ET - 2012, prepared by CENTAC-MBA. The number of government quota seats in the private self-financing colleges will be announced at the time of counseling as per the directions of the Government of Puducherry. Only the residents of Puducherry are eligible to apply for admission to MBA.
Date of Exam
Entrance exam schedule is as follows:
- For M Tech, M Phil and M Sc: July 28, 2012 (FN & AN) & July 29, 2012 (FN & AN).
- For MCA: July 29, 2012 between 10.00 am and 12.00 noon.
- For MBA: August 4, 2012 between 10.00 pm and 12.00 noon.
Pondicherry Engineering College, Puducherry
See the prospectus
How to Apply
Interested candidates may obtain the application forms and information brochure from Office of PEC Credit Society, Pondicherry Engineering College, Puducherry - 605014, in person on payment of Rs 1030 (Rs 530 for SC / ST candidates), on all working days from June 29, 2012 onwards. One can get the application forms through post by sending requisition to The Convenor, CENTAC-PG, MCA & MBA Pondicherry Engineering College, Puducherry - 605014, along with two self-addressed slips (neatly typed or hand written) and a crossed DD for Rs 1065 (Rs 1000 towards the cost of application and Rs 65 for postage) [Rs 565 for SC / ST candidates. (Rs 500 towards the cost of application and Rs 65 for postage)]. The DD should be drawn in favour of the Convenor, CENTAC-PG, MCA & MBA, payable at Puducherry. However, application forms can also be downloaded from the website: http://www.pec.edu/. Downloaded application forms should be submitted along with a crossed DD for Rs 1000 [Rs 500 for SC / ST candidates] drawn in favour of the Convenor, CENTAC-PG, MCA & MBA, payable at Puducherry. The duly filled-in application forms along with all required enclosures (details mentioned on the website) should be sent in the prescribed envelope to “The Convenor, Centralised Admission Committee (CENTAC-PG MCA & MBA), Pondicherry Engineering College, Puducherry - 605 014” latest by July 16, 2012 (up to 5.00 pm). For more detailed information about admission, eligibility criteria and application procedure, candidates are requested to visit the college’s aforementioned official website.
Date of Issue of Application Form
June 29, 2012
Last Date of Submitting Application Form
July 16, 2012 (up to 5.00 pm)
July 16, 2012 (up to 5.00 pm)