Visva-Bharati Santiniketan, District Birbhum, West Bengal, has invited applications from eligible candidates for admission into the following UG (undergraduate) and PG (postgraduate) programmes, to be offered in the upcoming academic session 2012-13.
Bhasha-Bhavana (Institute of Languages, Literature and Culture - Code: 01)
- Two year MA courses in Sanskrit; Bengali; English; Hindi; Oriya; Indo-Tibetan Studies; Chinese; Persian; Japanese
- Two year MA course in Functional Hindi (Translation)
- Three year BA (Honours) courses in Sanskrit; Bengali; English; Hindi; Oriya; Persian; Tibetan; Japanese; Santali
- Four year BA (Honours) courses in Persian; Tibetan; Chinese; Japanese preceded by one year preparatory course
- Three year BA course in Functional Hindi (Vocational)
Vidya-Bhavana (Institute of Humanities & Social Sciences - Code: 02)
- Two year MA courses in Philosophy; Comparative Religion; Economics; History; Ancient Indian History, Culture & Archaeology; Geography; Mathematics; Journalism & Mass Communication and MA / M Sc course in Anthropology
- Three year BA (Honours) courses in Philosophy; Comparative Religion; Economics; History; Ancient Indian History, Culture & Archaeology; Geography; Mathematics
Siksha-Bhavana (Institute of Science - Code: 03)
- Two year M Sc courses in Physics; Chemistry; Mathematics; Zoology; Botany; Statistics; Environmental Science; Computer Science and Biotechnology
- Three year B Sc (Honours) courses in Physics; Chemistry; Mathematics; Zoology; Botany; Statistics; Computer Science
- Five-Year Integrated M Sc course in Physical Science
Sangit-Bhavana (Institute of Music, Dance & Drama - Code: 04)
- Two year M Mus courses in Rabindra Sangit; Hindusthani Classical Music (Vocal); Hindusthani Classical Music: Instrumental (Sitar / Esraj / Tabla / Pakhawaj); Kathakali and Manipuri Dance.
- Three year B Mus (Honours) courses in Rabindra Sangit; Hindusthani Classical Music (Vocal); Hindusthani Classical Music: Instrumental (Sitar / Esraj / Tabla / Pakhawaj); Kathakali Dance; Manipuri Dance; Drama and Theatre Arts
Kala-Bhavana (Institute of Fine Arts - Code: 05)
- Two year M Fine Arts (MFA) / Advanced Diploma courses in Painting; Mural; Sculpture; Graphic Art (Print Making); Design (Textile); Design (Ceramic); History of Art (only for MFA)
- Four year B Fine Arts (Honours) (BFA) / Diploma Courses in Painting; Sculpture; Graphic Art (Print Making); Design (Textile); Design (Ceramic); History of Art [only for BFA (Hons)]
- Two year Certificate Course in Design
- Bridge Course (leading to MFA) in History of Art Course [three year (one year Bridge course + two year regular course)] for students from other than Fine Arts discipline
- One Year Casual Course for Indian Nationals in Painting / Sculpture / Graphic Art (Print Making) / Design (Textile / Ceramic) / History of Art
Palli-Samgathana Vibhaga (Institute of Rural Reconstruction - Code: 06)
- Two year MA course in Rural Development
- Two year MSW course
- Three year BSW (Honours) course
- Four year B Des course (Fee Rs 5000 per semester)
- Two-year Certificate course in (i) Hand-made Paper Making (ii) Artistic Leather Craft (iii) Batik Work (iv) Handloom Weaving (v) Pottery (vi) Wood Work
- Short term casual courses in Craft: (i) Batik & Bandhni (ii) Clay Jewellary (iii) Ceramic Table-ware (iv) Ceramic Tiles (v) Creative Weaving (Tapestry & Hobby loom) (vi) Dyeing and Printing (vii) Glazing and Firing (viii) Hand-made Paper crafts (ix) Leather crafts (x) Natural Dyes (xi) Raku crafts (xii) Wooden Toy Making (xiii) Wooden Table-ware (xiv) Wooden Jewellary (xv) Wood Carving (xvi) Wood Turning (xvii) Book Binding. Duration of each course: 8 weeks to 20 weeks depending upon the subject requirement
Palli Siksha Bhavana (Institute of Agriculture - Code: 07)
- Two year M Sc (Ag) courses in Agronomy; Plant Protection; Agricultural Extension; Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry and Horticulture
- Four year B Sc (Ag) Honours course
Vinaya-Bhavana (Institute of Education - Code: 08)
- Two year MA in Education course
- Three year BA / B Sc (Honours) in Physical Education course
- One year B P Ed course
- Two year M P Ed course
Date of Exam
May 13, 2012
All-India Admission Test for all BA (Honours) and Preparatory courses (except for three years Honours courses in Santali, Japanese, Tibetan and Persian under Bhasha-Bhavana), all B Sc (Honours) courses under Siksha-Bhavana and the B Sc (Ag) Honours course under Palli-Siksha Bhavana will be held at centres in the following cities: Santiniketan, Kolkata, Durgapur, Kharagpur, Siliguri, Burdwan, Baharampur, Bhubaneswar, Ranchi, Patna, Guwahati, Allahabad, Raipur, Chennai, Mumbai, New Delhi and Agartala. However, for all other courses, the test will be held at Visva-Bharati, Santiniketan, West Bengal.
See the prospectus
How to Apply
Interested candidates can either apply online or offline:
To apply offline / in person: Candidates may obtain the prescribed application form and prospectus (admission kits) in person from the under-mentioned designated branches of United Bank of India (UBI) on payment of the requisite fee of Rs 140 for SC / ST candidates and Rs 400 for all other candidates.
List of Bank Branches:
West Bengal: Kolkata: (1) Old Court House Street, (2) Shyambazar, (3) Gariahat, (4) Behala, (5) Bidhannagar (Salt Lake City), (6) Burdwan, (7) Durgapur (City Centre), (8) Asansol, (9) Malda, (10) Cooch Behar, (11) Jalpaiguri, (12) Darjeeling, (13) Siliguri, (14) Raiganj, (15) Balurghat, (16) Berhampur, (17) Suri, (18) Bolpur (Bhubandanga), (19) Rampurhat, (20) Bankura, (21) Purulia, (22) Raghunathpur, (23) Medinipur, (24) Contai, (25) Jhargram, (26) Tamluk, (27) Howrah, (28) Chinsurah, (29) Srirampore, (30) Krishnanagar, (31) Barasat, (32) Barrackpore, (33) Baruipur, (34) Diamond Harbour, Bihar: (35) Patna, Jharkhand: (36) Ranchi, Orissa: (37) Bhubaneswar, Sikkim: (38) Gangtok, Assam: (39) Guwahati, Tripura: (40) Agartala, Manipur: (41) Imphal, Nagaland: (42) Kohima, Arunachal Pradesh: (43) Itanagar, Meghalaya: (44) Shillong, New Delhi: (45) Connaught Circus, Jammu & Kashmir: (46) Srinagar,(47) Jammu, Punjab, Hariyana, Chandigarh: (48) Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh: (49) Simla, Uttaranchal: (50) Dehradun, Uttar Pradesh: (51) Lucknow, Rajasthan: (52) Jaipur, Gujarat: (53) Ahmedabad, Maharashtra: (54) Pune, (55) Mumbai, Goa: (56) Panaji, Madhya Pradesh: (57) Bhopal, Chhattisgarh: (58) Raipur, Kerala: (59) Trivandrum, Tamil Nadu: (60) Madras, Andhra Pradesh: (61) Hyderabad, Karnataka: (62) Bangalore, Pondicherry: (63) Pondicherry, Andaman and Nicobar Islands: (64) Port Blair (Junglighat). The duly filled-in and completed application form along with all requisite documents (details mentioned on the website) should be submitted latest by the last date mentioned below.
To apply online: Application forms, details of the courses, eligibility criteria and relevant information are available at: http://www.visva-bharati.ac.in/. The application fee (mentioned above) should be paid to the VISVA-BHARATI ADMISSION COORDINATION CELL (Account No. 0826050005012) in any branch of UBI. The online application form may be properly filled in incorporating the transaction ID Number and submitted by clicking the Submit link. After successfully submitting the online application, one must take a printed copy of the filled-in form. The duly signed copy of the application form [along with the counterfoil of the bank deposit voucher in original (a photocopy of which may be preserved by the candidate) and a recent passport-size photograph pasted on the application form] should be sent by the candidate to the office of the Admission Coordination Cell, Visva-Bharati latest by the last date mentioned below. along with the counterfoil of the bank deposit voucher in original (a photocopy of which may be preserved by the candidate) and a recent passport-size photograph pasted on the application form.
For more details about admission, eligibility criteria and application procedure, candidates are advised to visit the aforementioned website.
Note: Visva-Bharati remains open on Sundays and fully closed on Wednesdays. On Tuesdays, the University office is open till 1:30 pm.
Date of Issue of Application Form
March 15, 2012
Last Date of Submitting Application Form
April 20, 2012 (extended from April 15, 2012)