Annamalai University has announced admission to Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Industrial Safety Engineering programme offered by the Department of Chemical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering & Technology, Annamalai University, for the session 2013 – 14.
Salient Features of the Programme
• Experienced faculty
• Well-equipped laboratory
• Special lectures by safety professionals
• Air conditioned library well equipped with books and journals
• Dynamic learning through regular industrial visits
Objectives of the Programme
The main objectives of the M. Tech., (Industrial Safety Engineering) programme are to train and impart knowledge to the students to achieve the following:
• Identification of hazards and to provide safe working environment
• To provide effective safety management systems
• Prevent accidents in industries by eradicating the hazard
• Eliminate accident caused work stoppage and lost production
• Achieve lower work men’s compensation, insurance rates and reduce the costs of accidents
• Prevent loss of life, permanent disability and the loss of income of worker by eliminating causes of accidents
• Boost employees’s morale by providing safe work place and good working condition
• Use of software for hazard identification and prevention
• Educate all members of the organization towards safety consciousness by providing regular education and training.
Candidates must have a degree in B. E. / B. Tech. in any field of Engineering from any recognized University.
How to Apply
Application form and prospectus can be obtained from the registrar, Annamalai University on payment of prescribed fee. Last date for issue & submission of filled up Application is 18th August 2013 and the duration of the programme is 4 semesters for full-time and six semesters for part-time.
For information on admission procedure please visit : http://www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in/