Government Medical College & Hospital (GMCH) in Chandigarh, Punjab, has invited applications from eligible candidates for admission into the following courses, offered in the upcoming session 2011.
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery)- Govt. Medical College & Hospital, Sector-32-A, Chandigarh
- BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)- Dr. Harvansh Singh Judge Institute of Dental Sciences, Panjab
- BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery)- Shri Dhanwantry Ayurvedic College & Hospital, Sector-46-B, Chandigarh
- BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)- Homeopathic Medical College & Hospital, Sector 26, Chandigarh
Note: Only CET 2011 qualified candidates are eligible for above mentioned courses which is conducted by Panjab University.
Date of Exam
First Counseling shall take place as follows:-
- All UT Pool MBBS candidates i.e. General, SC/PH & BDS General Category - July 13, 2011 at 9:30am
- General Category BAMS/BHMS & All reserved SC/ST/ Physically handicapped of BDS, BAMS & BHMS and JAJ of BDS- July 14, 2011 at 9.30am
- All left out & de-reserved seats Foreign Indian students (NRI) candidates for MBBS /BDS- July 15, 2011 at 9.30am
N/A (For more details, candidates must visit the website: http://gmch.nic.in/)
See the prospectus
How to Apply
Interested candidates may obtain the Application forms along with detailed information from Govt. Medical College & Hospital, Sector-32-A, Chandigarh on payment of Rs 500 in cash or by post on payment of Rs 550 and Rs 300 in cash or by post on payment of Rs 350 in case of SC category by Bank Draft payable in favour of Coordinator, Centralized Medical Admissions Chandigarh. However, Application form can also be downloaded from GMCH’s official website: www.gmch.gov.in and sent along with bank draft in the favour of Co-ordinator, Centralized Medical Admissions, Chandigarh.
The cost of application form for Foreign Indian Students (NRI) candidates for MBBS/BDS Courses is US$ 100 by crossed bank draft or Rs 5000 in Indian currency. The duly filled in application should be sent to the office (Room No. 228A) of the Coordinator, Centralized Medical Admissions-2011 & Director Principal, Govt. Medical College & Hospital, Sector 32-A, Chandigarh latest by June 24, 2011 before 4:00pm. For more details regarding admission and application procedures, candidates are requested to visit the aforementioned website.
Date of Issue of Application Form
June 1, 2011
Last date of Submission of Application Form
June 24, 2011