Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Denver' for 'MST/-7.0/no DST' instead in /home/highered/public_html/inc/tables.php on line 2

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Denver' for 'MST/-7.0/no DST' instead in /home/highered/public_html/inc/tables.php on line 2
IIM-C Meet the 27 % OBC Quota Admission Criteria
Warning: main() [function.main]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Denver' for 'MST/-7.0/no DST' instead in /home/highered/public_html/updates/inc/news-left.php on line 30

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$catId in /home/highered/public_html/updates/inc/news-left.php on line 30
This year, the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIM-C) has met the criteria of 27 % OBC quota admissions.


Last Updated: 2011-07-26T08:06:48+05:30

IIM-C Meet the 27 % OBC Quota Admission Criteria

This year, the Indian Institute of Management – Calcutta (IIM-C) has met the criteria of 27 % OBC quota admissions. IIM-C has the largest batch across all the IIMs, with some 462 students.
 
The IIM-C 2011-12 batch comprise of 7% girl students and the rest of the 93% are male students. In addition, the institute has enrolled 26 overseas students. The institute’s batch is much more diverse, this year, with students enrolling from various backgrounds.
 
Sources have informed that many students in the batch has IIT degree, some have studied in NITs, while others have studied in other engineering colleges. Besides, majority of the students of IIM - C hold degrees in electronics and computer science.
 
Furthermore, about 93% of the students are from engineering background and 2% have pure science background. Rest of the students has a degree in medicine, commerce, management and liberal arts. Approximately 4% of the students have studied in international colleges like NUS and NTU (Singapore)) and Queensland University (Australia). Also, 16% of the students have experience in finance and consulting, this year.
 
- By Archana Sharma
PrintRecommend This Site
Report Error



move to top