University School of Open Learning (USOL) affiliated to Panjab University, Chandigarh, has invited applications from eligible candidates for admission into the following undergraduate (UG), postgraduate (PG), diploma and certificate courses, offered in the upcoming academic session 2011-12.
Bachelors’ Degree (UG) Courses:
- BA (Bachelor of Arts) - I, II & III (10 + 2 + 3 Scheme)
- B Com (Bachelor of Commerce) - I, II & III (10 + 2 + 3 Scheme)
- Bachelor of Library & Information Science (BLISc) (One Year Course)
- Bachelor of Education (B Ed I & II) (For in-service teachers only, Annual System)
Master’s Degree (PG) Courses
(i) Part I (Semester System)
(ii) Part II (Annual System)
- MA (Master of Arts) in English, History, Hindi, Political Science, Punjabi, Public Administration, Economics, Sociology
- Master of Finance & Control (MFC)-Part I (Semester System), Part II Annual System.
- Master of Commerce (M Com) - Part I (Semester System), Part II Annual System.
- Master of Education (M Ed), through entrance test (for in-service teachers only) Semester System*.
- MBA (Off Campus) (Semester System)*
- Post Graduate Diploma in International Business (Off Campus) Semester System
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Rights & Duties
- Post Graduate Diploma in Health, Family Welfare and Population Education
- Post Graduate Diploma in Library Automation & Networking
- Post Graduate Diploma in Mass Communication
- Post Graduate Diploma in Statistics
- Advance Diploma in Naturopathy & Yoga
- Diploma in Photography
- Certificate Course in Vivekananda Studies
- Certificate Course in Women Studies
Note: Selection for the courses marked with (*) will be done on the basis of entrance test. For further information and details candidates are requested to visit the University's official website: http://www.puchd.ac.in/.
See the prospectus
How to apply
Interested candidates may obtain the prospectus containing application form from the following any of the following Post offices on payment of Rs 350:
- Chandigarh, Sector-14, 15, 17, 20,30 & 47
- Manimajra PO, SCO No. 294-95, Motor Market, Manimajra
- Mohali PO, Sector- 55
- Panchkula, Sector-8, PO Panchkula
- Abohar PO, Old Court Road, Abohar
- Ludhiana HPO, Near Bharat Nagar Chowk, Ludhiana
- Muktsar MDG
- Hoshiarpur HPO, Near District Court, Hoshiarpur
- Shimla GPO, The Mall Shimla
- Delhi GPO, Gole Post Office, Cannaught Place, New Delhi.
One may also get the same through registered post by paying Rs 400. However, candidates can also download the application form from the University’s official website: http://www.puchd.ac.in/. The duly filled in application form along with requisite enclosure documents should be submitted latest by the last dates mentioned below (whichever applicable). For more detailed information about admission and application procedures candidates are requested to visit the University’s aforementioned official website.
Last date of submission of application form
For Annual System:
Last date for receipt of enrolment form for Under Graduate courses & Diploma/Certificate Courses (Except B Ed I and PGDIB) is as follows:
- Without late fee: September 7, 2011
- With late fee of Rs 500: October 5, 2011
- With late fee of Rs 1500: December 7, 2011 (with the permission of the Chairperson)
- With late fee of Rs 15000: December 30, 2011 & late examination fees as per University rules (with the permission of the Vice-Chancellor)
For Semester System:
Last date for receipt of enrolment form for post-graduate classes & PGDIB [Except M Ed I and MBA (Off Campus)] is as follows:
- Without late fee: August 31, 2011
- With late fee of Rs 500: September 30, 2011
- With late fee of Rs 1500: October 14, 2011
With late fee of Rs 15000: October 30, 2011 (with the permission of the Vice-Chancellor)