University of Calicut, also known as Calicut University, Kerala, has invited applications from eligible candidates for admission into the below mentioned Undergraduate (UG) and Post Graduate (PG) programmes, to be offered at the University’s Departments / Centres / Affiliated Colleges in the ensuing session 2012. Admission will be made on the basis of merit obtained in the entrance examination, followed by counseling, to be conducted by the University.
- B Ed Special Education for Hearing Impaired
- B P Ed
- MA (Folklore)
- M Sc Applied Psychology (Under CCSS)
- M Sc Bioinformatics
- M Sc Food Science and Technology
- M Sc General Biotechnology
- M Sc Health & Yoga Therapy
- M Sc Cyber Security
Date of Exam
N/A (For details, candidates are advised to visit the official website of the University: http://www.universityofcalicut.info/ for regular updates.)
- Admission test for MCA will be of two hours duration and comprise of 100 objective type questions (each carrying one mark) from Computer Science (30%), Chemistry (10%), Mathematics (30%), Physics (10%), Reasoning (10%), and Statistics (10%).
MCA Entrance test will be conducted at Kozhikode and Thrissur.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may apply online by registering themselves on the official website of the University: http://www.universityofcalicut.info/. After the registration, one will get an “ID” and “Registration Number” which should be used for filling up the online application form. After successful submission of the online application form, candidates have to take a print out of the same.
Applicants will have to pay an application fee (non-refundable) by following the below mentioned procedures:
- For MCA programme: Applicants will have to pay an application fee of Rs 300 through DD drawn on any nationalized bank in favor of the Finance Officer, University of Calicut, payable at SBT Calicut University Branch.
- For other programmes: One has to remit an application fee of Rs 300 (Rs 100 for SC / ST candidates) under of Calicut University Fund (CUF) fee Counter / Government Treasuries / Designated Branches of State Bank of Travancore / Janasevankendra through Bank Challan (downloadable from the website). Candidates outside from Kerala state can pay the application fee through Demand Draft (DD) drawn on any nationalized bank in favor of the Finance Officer, University of Calicut, payable at SBT Calicut University Branch.
Application form will have to be submitted as per the following procedure:
- For MCA programme: One should send (through ordinary post) or submit (in person) the form and enclosures (list given on the website) to The Chief Co-ordinator, Centre for Computer Science and Information Technology (CCSIT), Calicut University Campus, Calicut University (PO), Kerala - 673 635, on or before July 4, 2012 (up to 5.00 pm). In addition, one must write “Application for MCA entrance Examination 2012” on the left hand topside of the envelope containing the application form.
- For all other programmes: Printout of the duly filled-in online submitted application form along with the University copy of Bank Challan or DD and all requisite documents (list given on the website) should be sent to The Head of the Department / Co-ordinator / Director, on or before July 4, 2012 (up to 5.00 pm).
For further details regarding admission, eligibility criteria and application procedure, one can visit the abovementioned official website of the University.
- Online submitted application form will not be entertained for entrance test unless the hard copy of the submitted form and DD / Challan is submitted to the University within the stipulated date.
- Applicants can download their “Hall Ticket” from the official website of the University by using their registration number.
Date of Issue of Application Form
Issue of online registration form - June 12, 2012
Last date of online registration - July 4, 2012 (up to 5.00 pm)
Last Date of Submitting Application Form
Last date of receipt of application form - July 4, 2012 (up to 5.00 pm)