Jamia Millia Islamia, a Central University, New Delhi, has invited applications from the eligible candidates for admission into Doctorate in Philosophy (PhD) programme, to be offered at the below mentioned departments / centers of the University in the ensuing session 2012. Admission will be offered on the basis of merit obtained in the entrance examination, followed by interview, to be conducted by the University on the below mentioned date.
PhD Programmes offered at:
- Architecture & Ekistics
- Engineering and Technology
- Humanities and Languages
- Natural Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Nelson Mandela Centre for Peace and Conflict Resolution
- India Arab Cultural Centre
- Centre for West Asian Studies
- Centre for the Study of Comparative Religions and Civilizations
- MMAJ Academy of International Studies
- Centre for Management Studies
- Center for Culture Media and Governance
- Centre for Jawaharlal Nehru Studies
- FTK Centre for Information Technology
- Centre for Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Sciences
- Centre for Theoretical Physics
- Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Basic Sciences
Date of Exam
The entrance test will be conducted on July 28, 2012 (10.00 am to 1.00 pm)
Interview of selected candidates will be held on August 28, 2012
Note: Candidates, who have already qualified UGC / CSIR NET / JRF examination or any other equivalent examination conducted by the recognized Governmental Department / Institute / Agency / SLET / valid GATE score (with qualifying marks) or having successfully completed regular M Phil Programme from a recognized university / institution, are exempted from the entrance test.
Entrance examination will be conducted at the concerned Faculty / Centre as per the abovementioned date and time.
See the prospectus
How to Apply
Interested candidates may download the application form from the official website of the University: http://jmi.ac.in/. In addition, one has to pay an application fee of Rs 1000 drawn on any nationalized bank in favor of The Registrar, Jamia Millia Islamia, payable at Delhi / New Delhi. The duly filled-in hard copy of downloaded form complete in all respect along with the DD (in the prescribed format) should be submitted at the concerned department / centre, on or before July 9, 2012. For further details regarding admission, eligibility criteria and application procedure, one can visit the abovementioned website of the University.
Note: Candidates, selected for interview, will have to submit a Research Proposal, latest by August 22, 2012.
Date of Issue of Application Form
June 15, 2012
Last Date of Submitting Application Form
July 9, 2012