Anna University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, has invited applications from eligible candidates to register for the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test 2013, popularly known as TANCET. It is an entrance test conducted by Anna University, Chennai, on behalf of Government of Tamil Nadu for admissions into the below mentioned programmes, to be offered in the ensuing session 2013-14. Degree programmes for the year 2013-2014, are offered at University Departments, University Colleges of Engineering, Regional Centres of Anna University, Government and Government Aided Engineering Colleges and Arts & Science Colleges and Self-financing Colleges (Engineering, Arts & Science Colleges including standalone Institutions) in Tamilnadu. However, some Universities and Self-Financing Engineering Colleges may also opt to admit the candidates on the basis of marks obtained in TANCET 2013.
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- MCA (Master of Computer Applications)
- ME (Master of Engineering) / M Tech (Master of Technology) / M Arch (Master of Architecture) / M Plan (Master of Planning)
Note: For complete details, one can visit the following direct link: http://www.annauniv.edu/tancet2013/Infn%20_Instn_Booklet%20_Final.pdf
Date of Exam
TANCET 2013 schedule is as follows:
- MBA - April 6, 2013 (from 10.00 am to 12.00 noon)
- MCA - April 6, 2013 (from 2.30 pm to 4.30 pm)
- ME / M Tech / M Arch / M Plan - April 7, 2013 (10.00 am to 12.00 noon)
TANCET 2013 will be conducted at Chennai, Coimbatore, Chidambaram, Dindigul, Erode, Karaikudi, Madurai, Nagercoil, Salem, Thanjavur, Tirunelveli, Tiruchirappalli, Vellore, Villupuram and Virudhunagar.
See the prospectus
How to Apply
Interested candidates can apply online by filling in the online application form made available on University’s official website: http://www.annauniv.edu/tancet2013/. The direct link for online application form is: http://online.annauniv.edu:8080/tancet2013/. One can also make registration in person by visiting the coordinating centers (list of centers is given on official link: http://www.annauniv.edu/tancet2013/Advt_Final_Internet.pdf) along with all requisite documents and an application fee of Rs 500 (Rs 250 for SC / SCA / ST candidates). Fee can be paid as per the prescribed guidelines.
The duly filled in application form along with all the necessary documents (list given in the website) should be sent to The Secretary, TANCET, Centre for Entrance Examinations, Anna University, Chennai - 600 025, on or before February 28, 2013 up to 5.30 pm. For further information regarding admission, eligibility criteria, fee payment, application procedure and examination pattern, one can visit the aforementioned official website of Anna University.
- Application form is common for all the three entrance tests. However, if a candidate desires to appear for more than one programme, for every additional programme, he / she has to pay Rs 500 (Rs 250 for SC / SCA / ST candidates belonging to Tamilnadu)
Date of Issue of Application Form
February 6, 2013
Last Date of Submission of Application Form
Last date for receipt of applications - February 28, 2013