Indian Maritime University, Chennai, has invited online applications from eligible candidates for admission into the belowmentioned undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate programmes, to be offered in the upcoming session 2013. For admission, Candidates will be short-listed on the basis of their performance in Common Entrance Test (CET) and called for Group Discussion (GD) / Personal Interview (PI). Final selection will be made on the basis of candidates’ performance in GD / PI followed by counseling, to be conducted by the admission committee of the University.
- Bachelor of Science (B Sc): Nautical Science,Maritime Science, Ship Building and Repair
- Bachelor of Technology (B Tech): Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
- Master of Law (LLM): Maritime Law
- Master of Business Administration (MBA): Port and Shipping, Logistics, Infrastructure (proposed)
- Master of Technology (M Tech): Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Dredging and Harbour Engineering
- Diploma in Nautical Studies (DNS) leading to B Sc Nautical Science
- Marine Engineering
Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD)
Date of Exam
CET is scheduled to be held on June 1, 2013
GD / PI of short-listed candidates will be conducted on 21 & 22 June, 2013
- East Zone: Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Kolkata, Patna, Ranchi, Siliguri
- West Zone: Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Gwalior, Pune, Nagpur, Kota, TS Chanakya (Mumbai), LBS (Mumbai), MERI (Mumbai), SCI (Mumbai), Kandla
- North Zone: Dehradun, ARI (Delhi), AIMS (Delhi), Chandigarh, Jaipur, Lucknow, Meerut
- South Zone: Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Hyderabad, Port Blair, Trivandrum, Visakhapatnam
For GD / PI:
- Chennai, Visakhapatnam
See the prospectus
How to Apply
Interested candidates may apply online by filling and submitting the application form on the official website of Indian Maritime University: http://imutn.org/. In addition, one has to pay an application fee of Rs 1000 (Rs 700 for SC / ST candidates) through Bank Challan (downloadable from the website) at any branch of State Bank of India or Indian Bank. Once the application form is completed, candidates have to submit it online and take a print out of the same for further correspondence with the University.
The printout of the online submitted application form along with the original University’s Copy of Bank Challan should be sent by registered or speed post to: Admission Cell, Indian Maritime University, East Coast Road, Uthandi, Chennai (Tamil Nadu) - 600 119, on or before My 10, 2013. The envelope containing the application form should be super scribed as “CET - Admissions 2013 /14, UG / PG programme”. For further information regarding admission, eligibility criteria and application procedure, one can visit the aforementioned website of the University.
Last Date of Form Submission
My 10, 2013