National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS), Bangalore, Karnataka, has invited applications from eligible candidates for admission into the following postgraduate (PG) courses, to be offered in the session II of 2012-13. Admission will be made on the basis of candidate’s performance in the online entrance test, followed by personal interview, to be conducted by the Institute.
- DM Degree in Neuroradiology
- DM Degree in Neurology
- DM Degree in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- DM Degree in Neuroanaesthesia
- M Ch in Neurosurgery
PhD in Clinical Neurosciences (ICMR Programme):
PhD in Clinical Neurosciences (ICMR Programme)
Post Doctoral Fellowship Courses:
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Neurology: a) Epilepsy b) Movement Disorders
- Neurological Rehabilitation
- Psychiatry: a) Acute Care & Emergency Psychiatry b) Community Mental Health c) Addiction Medicine d) Consultation Liasion Psychiatry e) Geriatric Psychiatry f) Obessive Compulisive disorder & related disorders g) Clinical Neuro Sciences & Therapeutics in Schizophrenia
Date of Exam
The online entrance test (i.e. computer based) will be held on June 24, 2012.
The eight cities identified for conduct of on-line Entrance Test are Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin, Hyderabad, in the South, Pune in the West, Delhi in the north, Kolkata in the East and Indore in the Central Zone.
Note: There will be multiple test centres in each of these cities and NIMHANS reserves the right to distribute the test centres to the applicants. A candidate has to select three cities in the order of priority i.e., 1st choice, 2nd choice and 3rd choice.
See the prospectus
How to Apply
Interested candidates are required to apply online by filling in the online application forms made available on NIMHANS’s official website: http://www.nimhans.kar.nic.in/. The direct link for the same is: http://18.104.22.168/NIMHANS/onlineformmarch2012/. The application fee is Rs 1500/- per course for General candidates and Rs 1000 per course for SC / ST candidates for each course The application fee is to be paid in the form of DD drawn in favour of The Director, NIMHANS, Bangalore – 560 029.
A candidate can apply for a maximum of 3 courses only, provided they are eligible. After successfully submitting the online application, one must take a print out of the system generated application abstract. Printout of the Application Abstract with the latest passport size photograph affixed (in the column provided) along with the DD and other requisite relevant enclosures should be sent to The Registrar, NIMHANS, Hosur Road, Bangalore – 560 029, latest by April 26, 2012. The application abstract and other documents should be sent in an envelope super-scribing the name of the course(s) applied for, without fail.
- Sponsored candidates should submit their application through proper channel and they should also appear for the Common Entrance Test. The candidates should produce the sponsorship certificate in the prescribed format.
- Foreign Nationals are required to submit their applications through the Diplomatic Channel (through the Ministry of External Affairs). However, they shall also appear for the common Entrance Test along with the other candidates.
For any more detailed information about admission, eligibility criteria and application procedure, candidates are advised to visit the aforementioned website.
Date of Issue of Application Form
The online applications are made available from: March 22, 2012
Last date of Issue of Online application form: April 21, 2012
Last Date of Submission of Application Form
Application is available online for final submission up to: April 21, 2012
Last date for receipt of Application abstract along with enclosures by post/courier: April 26, 2012