The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has invited applications from AICTE approved northeast institutions for providing grants under the project known as North East Quality Improvement Programme (NEQIP) in order to fulfill the following objectives:
• To strengthen institution in terms of infrastructure
• To improve faculty competence, quality of teaching, research and consultancy
• To strengthen institution in terms of academics to improve learning outcomes.
• AICTE approved government/ government aided Polytechnics and Degree engineering institutes & AICTE approved university departments of North Eastern Region
• One batch should have passed out from the colleges
• Four courses should being conducted minimum in these colleges
• Minimum 50% faculty positions filled out of which 30% on full-time regular basis
• Board of Governors in place with an eminent educationist or Industrialist as the Chairperson.
The duration of the project is three years and AICTE-approved degree engineering institutions and engineering polytechnics will receive a grant of Rs 7 crore and Rs 5 crore each, respectively. Selected AICTE-approved university departments will also receive a grant of Rs 7 crore each.
Disbursement of Funds
• On sanction of proposal Advance upto 25% of the sanctioned amount would be paid
• On second year Advance up to 30% of the sanctioned amount
• On third year Advance up to 35% of the sanctioned amount
• Reimbursement of actual expenditure upto Sanctioned amount would be made after completion of project.
For more details please visit the official website of AICTE http://www.aicte-india.org/