Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) has invited applications from eligible candidates for admission into the belowmentioned Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) courses, to be offered at various centers of the institute, in the ensuing session 2013-14. IIMC is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Government of India and counted amongst the foremost institutions for obtaining education in the field of mass communication and journalism. Selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of their performance in entrance test, followed by interview, to be conducted by the admission committee of IIMC.
- Postgraduate Diploma Course in Journalism (English) - New Delhi, Dhenkanal (Odisha), Aizawl (Mizoram), Amravati (Maharashtra), Jammu (J & K) and Kottayam (Kerala)
- Postgraduate Diploma Course in Journalism (Hindi) - New Delhi
- Postgraduate Diploma Course in Radio & Television Journalism - New Delhi
- Postgraduate Diploma in Advertising and Public Relation - New Delhi
- Postgraduate Diploma Course in Journalism (Oriya) - Dhenkanal (Odisha)
Date of Exam
- Entrance exam for the abovementioned courses, except PGD in Oriya Journalism, will be held on May 26, 2013.
- The entrance exam for PGD in Oriya Journalism will be held on May 27, 2013.
- The interview of selected candidates for all of the abovementioned courses will be conducted in last week of June / first week of July 2013.
For all PGD programmes (except Oriya Journalism): Aizawl, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Guwahati, Jammu, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Patna, Srinagar
For PGD in Oriya Journalism: Bhubaneswar (only)
See the prospectus
How to Apply
Interested candidates may obtain the application form and prospectus from IIMC New Delhi or IIMC Dhenkanal (Odisha) by paying an application fee of Rs 1200 (Rs 1100 for SC / ST candidates) in the form of Demand Draft (DD) drawn on any nationalized bank in favor of Registrar, IIMC, payable at New Delhi. Moreover, the application form can also be procured by post on sending a DD of requisite amount (as mentioned above) along with a self addressed envelope of 27 X 17 cm size affixing with postal stamp of Rs 70. One can also download the application form from the official website of the institute: http://www.iimc.gov.in/.
The duly filled-in application form or the hard copy of the downloaded form, complete in all respects as per the guidelines mentioned in the prospectus, should be sent to the Registrar, IIMC, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi - 110067, on or before April 22, 2013. Candidates should attach the DD of requisite amount (as mentioned above) along with the downloaded application form. For more information regarding the admission eligibility criteria and application procedure, candidates can visit the abovementioned official website of the institute.
Date of Issue of Application Form
The sale of application form started from March 11, 2013
Last Date of Issue of Application Form - April 22, 2013
Last Date of Submitting Application Form - April 22, 2013