Over 14 lakhs students will appear for JEE Mains exam, to be held on Sunday, i.e. April 7, 2013.

Last Updated: 2013-04-06T09:20:11+05:30

Over 14 Lakh Students to Appear for JEE Mains

New Delhi: The first Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Mains after intoducing the changes in AIEEE format will be conducted by CBSE on Sunday i.e. April 7, 2013. As per sources, over 14 lakhs engineering and architecture aspirants will appear for the examination. This year, number of aspirants has increased remarkably in comparison with the last year when 11.5 lakh students had taken the examination.
Experts  have given  valuable advise to the students and has said that not to be self-righteous as it may result minor but critical mistakes, ruining their chances of appearing for the JEE advanced as only the top 1.5 lakh students will be eligible for the advanced exam, which is the gateway for obtaining admission in IITs. They further added that the difficulty level in the examination is likely to be relatively lower, so students should be more careful while attempting the paper.
Ananda Raman, mentor and director, FIIT JEE, Hyderabad has said that a question of higher quality will be a challenge for regular students. But a question of lower difficulty level can be tricky for bright students and it might create confusion. So, students are required to be calm and more cautious while attempting the questions as a silly mistake can be costly for their candidature.
Though, the offline or paper based examination will be conducted on Sunday, the computer based examination will be conducted on April 9, 22, 23 and 25. JEE (Mains) examination, earlier used to be the first paper for AIEEE, will have objective type questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics.
Besides the format, a lot of changes have been introduced in the examination from this year. Candidates who qualify JEE (Mains) Exam will be eligible to get admission in BE / B Tech programmes offered at National Institute of Technology (NIT), Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi Technological University and other Central Government funded technical institutions.
Moreover, those who fall in the league of top 1.5 lakh will only be eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) examination for admission to IITs, IIT BHU and ISM Dhanbad. Irrespective to the previous year, JEE Main 2013 will give 60% weightage to the performance of the candidates in the examination and the remaining 40% to the marks scored in qualifying examination or Class XII.
- By Archana Sharma
PrintRecommend This Site
Report Error

move to top