Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Guwahati had decided to introduce new MA, M Phil & PhD courses for its upcoming academic session.

Last Updated: 2013-06-21T14:15:41+05:30

TISS Guwahati Introduces New MA, M Phil & PhD Courses

Guwahati: Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Guwahati, is all set to launch new courses from its second academic year. The new courses will be offered in Master’s Degree in Arts, M Phil and PhD programmes.
The institute had launched an integrated Bachelor of Arts (BA) programme in Social Sciences, with two Post Graduate Programmes in Social Work & Ecology, and Environment & Sustainable Development, last year. Meanwhile, TISS is planning to offer Joint Research Programmes with Assam Engineering College, in accordance with Jawaharlal Nehru University's Programmes.
According to the statement of Professor and TISS Director S Parasuraman, the Five-Year Integrated Master's Programme comprises Three-Year Graduation and Two-Year Post-Graduation in Social Sciences. The campus is dedicated to the Northeast, and 66 per cent seats are reserved for students from the region. The remaining 34 per cent seats are for students from other states of the country. He also said that the tuition fee is waived for Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST) students with low family income. Their hostel, food and other expenses are met by the institute.
Furthermore, he also stated that we want to provide more opportunities to the students from the NE and want to make sure that education is available and accessible for all. As far as placement is concerned, we will be working with the government, NGOs, government institutions and organizations. As per S Parasuraman statement, TISS will organize campus recruitments in February-March next year for the first batch of students graduating with postgraduate degrees in 2014. All graduating students will have jobs before convocation. The onus will be education for education's sake.
- By Iti Agarwal
PrintRecommend This Site
Report Error

move to top